Friday, April 1, 2011

Fridays

Ok, I love Fridays. Who doesn't? But for me, Friday is a lot like other people's Saturday. It's my day off and we all know how good it is to wake up in the morning and not have a deadline or agenda. However, there is something important to me that happens on Fridays.

I spend most Fridays with my wife Erica. We make a point of either going to breakfast or lunch. It doesn't matter which or where. What matters is that we have that time together. Just the two of us. Not because it's our anniversary or a birthday. It's just about spending time together. I truly believe it's one of the keys to our marriage. In fact, I believe this is a key to any relationship. There needs to be intentional time together, without an agenda or crisis.

If you agree with the above, then you can begin seeing why the same holds true with God. god seeks a relationship with us and we need to make time to just be with God. Not because we need something. Not because the lottery numbers are being posted. Not because we are facing a crisis. No, just because. When is the last time that you spent time with God just to be there? I believe it's one of the keys to a successful, fulfilling, and lasting relationship.

Chris

No comments: